Wild Garlic Pesto Gigli with Asparagus and Petit Pois 🌿 This was hands down one of the nicest pasta dishes I’ve ever made and it’s absolutely perfect for Spring ☀️ Not to mention the fact this entire dish came together in about 10 minutes! I love that I got to use wild garlic that I’d foraged myself in the woods… New level of vegan, unlocked 😂
For the pesto I simply blended wild garlic, basil, raw cashews, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I eyeballed everything so no quantities I’m afraid, but I just tasted everything as I went to adjust the lemon and seasonings!
• 2 tbsp wild garlic pesto
• 5-6 asparagus stems, chopped into 3cm pieces
• a handful of frozen petit pois
• a sprinkle of chilli flakes
• a splash of olive oil
• a sprinkle of vegan parmesan
• reserved pasta water
Method (for the sauce, all while boiling the pasta):
1. In a pan heat up the olive oil and add the asparagus and petit pois. Fry for a few minutes.
2. Add the pesto and chilli flakes. Fry for a couple more minutes.
3. Add the pasta water and stir through thoroughly.
4. When the pasta is al dente add it straight into the sauce along with the vegan parmesan and stir through thoroughly. Add more pasta water if necessary! Taste and adjust seasoning!
5. Serve and top with more parmesan!