This risotto was made by throwing together all of the veggies I had in my fridge that needed using and I think it turned out to be one of the best risottos I’ve ever made! I call it ✨Summer Broccoli and Lemon Risotto✨
Ingredients (I’m sorry I eyeballed the quantities):
• olive oil
• 3-4 stems of tenderstem broccoli (stems diced and tops kept for garnish)
• 1/2 brown onion, finely diced
• 1 stick celery, finely diced
• 1 small leek, finely diced
• garlic granules
• dried thyme
• vegetable stock
• a glug of white wine
• roughly 1/2 cup arborio rice
• 1/2 lemon
• a sprinkle dried chilli flakes
• salt n pepper
• vegan butter
• vegan parmesan
1. In a pan fry off the broccoli tops in olive oil with some chilli flakes, garlic granules, salt and pepper. Remove and save for later.
2. In the same pan add some more olive oil, and sauté the onion, leek and celery until soft.
3. Add some more garlic granules, dried thyme, salt and pepper and the diced broccoli stems. Sauté for a few more minutes.
4. Add the arborio rice, stir through thoroughly and sauté for a few more minutes.
5. Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Stir through and allow to evaporate.
6. Once the wine has evaporated add 1/3 of the vegetable stock. Stir consistently until the stock has evaporated. Repeat until all of the stock is gone and the rice is tender.
7. Turn off the heat and add a small knob of vegan butter and a handful of vegan parmesan. Season to taste.
8. Add the lemon juice and stir through.
9. Serve and garnish with the broccoli tops, a sprinkling of vegan parmesan and some more chilli flakes.