The Pasta Queen says to massage the sauce into the pasta so that’s what I did with this tagliatelle bolognese 😍 I’ve never been a huge bolognese fan but last night I was really fancying something different so I really took my time with the sauce and honestly, it was stunning! I have some leftover as well so I’m looking forward to finishing it off after work tomorrow 🍝
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 white onion, finely diced
• 2 small carrots, finely diced
• 1 heaped tsp garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup vegan mince
• 1 tbsp tomato purée
• 1 cup passata
• 1 cup red wine
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp dried basil
• 1 handful of fresh basil
• salt n pepper
1. In the olive oil, soften the onions and carrot in the pan before adding then garlic, vegan mince, dried herbs, salt and pepper.
2. Add the tomato purée and cook off for a few minutes.
3. Add the passata and cook off for a few minutes.
4. Add the red wine and cook off for a few minutes.
5. Add some pasta water to the sauce.
6. Add fresh basil and more salt and pepper to season.
7. Add your cooked pasta of choice to the sauce and stir until mixed through evenly.
8. Serve with more fresh basil on top and a glass of red wine on the side! 🍷