Spicy sesame ramen 🍜 There is no excuse for bland ramen, people! Instant ramen is the perfect starting point for a delicious, umami dish, and my favourites are the Koka Curry noodles 🤩 Here’s how I jazz mine up… 🔥
• 1 tsp coconut oil
• 1/4 brown onion, finely sliced
• 1 large garlic clove, finely sliced
• a thumb of ginger, julienned
• 1/2 punnet mushrooms
• 2 spring onions, cut into 3cm pieces
• 1/2 bag stir fry veggie mix
• 1 packet instant ramen
• soy sauce
• Korean chilli oil
• sesame oil
• black pepper
• a handful of each coriander and basil, finely sliced
• 1 lime
1. Melt the coconut oil in your pan and soften the onions.
2. Once the onions are softened, add the garlic, ginger and spring onions. Fry for a minute or two.
3. Add the mushrooms and fry for a few minutes.
4. Add some boiled water.
5. In a separate pan boil the noodles (without the flavour packet).
6. In the pan with the mushrooms add the stir fry veggie mix, juice of 1/2 lime, soy sauce, chilli oil, sesame oil, the flavour packet from the noodles, coriander and basil. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
7. To serve, drain the noodles and place in the bowl. Ladle over the veggies and the broth. Serve with finely slice spring onions, coriander, and the other 1/2 of the lime.