Sometimes I fancy nothing more than a mountainous bowl of arrabbiata pasta and garlic bread 🍝 This garlic bread was from Aldi and it was delicious although I overcooked it slightly 😂 And of course I smothered the pasta with the Lidl vegan parmesan 😍
Ingredients for the sauce:
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
• 2 tsp capers, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp olives, chopped
• 1 tin chopped plum tomatoes
• 1 tsp chilli flakes
• a handful of fresh basil , torn
• a pinch of sugar
• salt n pepper to season
• a splash of reserved pasta water
1. In your pan heat up the olive oil and add the garlic, capers and olives. Fry off until the garlic is just turning golden and fragrant.
2. Add the chilli flakes, stir through and fry for another minute.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, stir through thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
4. Simmer the sauce for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add the pinch of sugar and simmer for another minute.
6. Taste, adjust seasoning if necessary and add the fresh basil. Stir through.
7. Add the pasta water and mix thoroughly.
8. Add your drained pasta, stir through thoroughly.
9. Serve, topped with vegan parmesan and more fresh basil 🌿