Pastina soup 🥣 After several days of stuffing my face with Christmas treats my body felt in need of something lighter and packed full of veggies. Behold – vegan pastina soup! This probably isn’t the most authentic pastina soup out there but what’s not to love about an umami broth filled with tonnes of veggies, herbs and teeny tiny star-shaped pasta 🥺 And yes, I ate this on my sofa because I am a ✨hot mess✨
Ingredients (I eyeball quantities, sorry):
• A knob of vegan butter
• Finely diced white onion
• Finely diced carrot
• Finely diced celery
• A large tsp garlic paste
• Veggie stock
• Chopped fresh parsley
• Dried thyme
• A bay leaf
• Salt n pepper
1. Soften the onion, carrot and celery in the vegan butter.
2. Add the garlic, dried thyme and bay leaf and fry for a couple of minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the stock and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the pastina and cook for a further 5-6 minutes.
6. Add the chopped parsley, season to taste and voila 💃🏻