Let’s pretend there’s some fresh basil on top of this pasta mountain 🌿 Sometimes you just cannot beat a bowel of pasta arrabbiata and it’s also a great meal to make when you’re overdue a food shop 😍 I actually covered this in a nooch blanket after taking these photos but it didn’t look too appetising after that 😂 For this recipe I used Tesco finely chopped tomatoes because I cannot be dealing with tomato nubbins… can anyone relate?😆
• 1 tbsp olive oil (mine was leftover from a jar of sun dried tomatoes)
• 1 tsp chilli flakes
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 1/2 tsp dried basil
• 1 tin finely chopped tomatoes
• 1 heaped tsp minced/jarred garlic
• a pinch of sugar
• salt n pepper to taste
1. Add the chilli flakes, dried basil, dried oregano and garlic to the pan with the olive oil and fry until the garlic begins to turn golden.
2. Add the tinned tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add a pinch of sugar and a splash of pasta water, and simmer for a couple more minutes.
4. Add the al dente pasta and (as the pasta queen says) massage the pasta and sauce together.
5. This is where I would add fresh basil if I had any!!
6. Plate and garnish with whatever you fancy… fresh basil, nooch, cheese, crispy onion… the options are endless!