Italian Sausage, Butter Bean and Kale Casserole with Lemon and Parmesan 🤍 This doesn’t look like much but let me tell you, it is jam packed with flavour and has the added bonus of being a one-pot wonder! (Recommended by emssteele & hungryhammond 🌿)
Ingredients (for 2 main portions):
• 2 tins butter beans
• 4 Richmond meat free sausages
• 1/2 bag shredded kale
• 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
• 1/2 white onion, finely diced
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 vegetable stock cube
• boiled water (I eyeball this – depends on your desired thickness)
• salt and pepper
• 1/2 lemon
• 2 tbsp vegan Parmesan
• 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Cook the sausages until brown in the pan with olive oil.
2. Remove the sausages (cut up into bite-sized pieces for later) and soften the onion in the oil.
3. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and rosemary . Cook for another couple of minutes until fragrant.
4. Add the butter beans and season with salt and pepper. Fry off for a couple of minutes.
5. Add enough boiled water to cover the top of the butter beans, alongside a crumbled up stock cube. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. After the beans have softened slightly, squish some of them with the back of your wooden spoon. This will help to thicken the sauce!
7. Add the kale and simmer for another 3 minutes.
8. Add the chopped sausages and allow to reheat.
9. Season to taste with more salt and pepper, and add the lemon juice and Parmesan.
10. Serve and enjoy! This would also be delicious with crusty bread to mop up the sauce 👌🏻