🌶 Chilli Con (Vegan) Carne 🌶
• 1 red onion, finely diced
• 1 tbsp minced garlic (I used jarred)
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp smoked paprika
• 1 tbsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp chilli flakes
• 1 tbsp tomato purée
• 1 packet meatlessfarm mince
• 1 tin kidney beans in tomato sauce
• 1 tin taco beans in chilli sauce
• 1 tin chopped tomatoes
• 1 vegan beef Oxo cube (plus water)
• 2 handfuls of chopped coriander (including stalks)
• 1 tbsp wild garlic pesto (purely to use it up but dang it worked well)
• juice of 1 lime
• salt n pepper to season
• sheeseuk grated mozzarella
• 1/2 avocado per serving, thinly sliced
1. In your pan fry the onion in olive oil until translucent.
2. Add the garlic paste and fry for another minute. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the vegan mince and break up with your wooden spoon. Mix thoroughly so the onions are evenly dispersed throughout.
4. Add the smoked paprika, ground cumin and chilli flakes. Fry until the mince starts to turn brown.
5. Add the tomato purée, mix through and cook for a further minute.
6. Add the beans and tinned tomatoes. Stir through thoroughly.
7. Put a splash of hot water in the tins, swill them around and add to the pan. This adds a bit more moisture and gets any beans/tomatoes/sauce that got left in the tins!
8. Add the crumbled Oxo cube and wild garlic pesto. Stir through thoroughly.
9. Add the lid and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
10. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Add the majority of your chopped coriander, leaving a few chopped leaves for garnish. Stir through.
11. Serve! This would be lovely over rice, on a jacket potato, or even over chips for chilli cheese fries! I just served mine on its own and garnished with avocado, vegan mozzarella, franksredhot_uk sauce, coriander and lime.