Behold, the world’s least authentic Beef Rendang 🍛 I think it’s pretty clear where I take my plating inspiration from 😂 I don’t know what possessed me to make a curry on one of the hottest days of the year but hey, it was delicious!
Ingredients (for 2-3 portions):
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• a jar of Rendang paste (I used Sainsbury’s)
• 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tsp garlic paste
• 1 tsp ginger paste
• 1 bag tasteandglory_uk beef slices (gifted to me by gifta_uk)
• 6 chestnut mushrooms, quartered
• 1 red pepper, chopped into chunks
• 2 spring onions, chopped into 4cm batons
• 1 tin coconut milk
• 1 lime
• a handful of coriander, chopped
1. Fry the onion in the coconut oil until soft.
2. Add the ginger and garlic pasted, as well as the beef strips. Fry for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the Rendang paste. Stir through and cook for a further few minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk. Stir through and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the mushrooms, peppers and spring onions. Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
6. Add the chopped coriander (saving some for garnish) and lime juice. Stir through.
7. Plate up! I served mine with rice but it would be nice with flatbreads too. Enjoy 👌🏻